Has Mrs Brown's Boys been cancelled? All we know as former star breaks silence on row - Mrs Brown's Boys

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Has Mrs Brown's Boys been cancelled? All we know as former star breaks silence on row

There have been a number of different specials aired over the years, as well as a couple of award-winning series


Mrs Brown's Boys: Brendan O'Carroll as Agnes stands on top of the bar as they celebrate in Foley's Bar (Image: Alan Peebles)


With a BAFTA award-winning cast, Mrs Brown's Boys has been a real success story for Irish comedy.

The show, which stars Brendan O'Carroll and his extended family and friends, has been on the air since 2011 after a hugely successful stint on the stage and on the radio airwaves.

There have been a number of different specials aired over the years, as well as a couple of award-winning series.

But there are questions being asked about the future of the show after another delay to production with Covid-19 in 2021.

Here's the latest that we know about the series:

Will there be a new series of Mrs Brown's Boys?

It's highly unlikely, as there hasn't been a 'regular series' of the show since 2013.

What's the latest update?

Back in June, we learned that this year’s series of chat show All Round To Mrs Brown’s has been axed.

Bosses have had to scrap the show, which stars Brendan O’Carroll as Agnes Brown, due to coronavirus.

However, Brendan's son Danny (who plays Buster in the show) told Ireland AM earlier in 2021: "We have a live episode that we’re going to be shooting again for Halloween in October — I do be a nervous wreck doing the live shows so we’ll see how that goes."


What about the Christmas special of Mrs Brown's Boys?

Last year, despite the restrictions of coronavirus, the BBC and RTE produced two episodes for Christmas and the New Year, as they have done so for the last decade.

And Danny alluded to that on Ireland AM, saying: "We have the Christmas specials coming up again in December."

Pay row

Ex-Mrs Brown’s Boys star Gary Hollywood has broken his silence on his show exit and differences with boss Brendan O’Carroll for the first time — saying: “It’s been the worst year of my life.”

The Scottish star was best known on screen as hairdresser Dino Doyle in the Irish sitcom, before he dramatically departed the cast last year following a pay row.

But as the fall-out came after a difficult few months — during which Gary’s brother passed away suddenly and his son Ollie arrived four weeks premature and battled jaundice — he said the events culminated into a year from hell.

“Dealing with the fall-out has been extremely exhausting and has really taken its toll on me emotionally,” he said, lifting the lid on the drama for the first time.

“There was a problem with pay and things came to a head.”

Hollywood launched legal action earlier this year against O’Carroll, the BBC and TV production company Hungry Bear Media Limited citing discrimination and unfair dismissal.

However he dramatically withdrew all claims in June during a preliminary hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad